Why Your College Boyfriend is the Best Thing Around Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

DISCLAIMER: Okay, so I maybe am not the best person to compare my high school boyfriend to my college boyfriend, because they’re actually the same person. (oops) But since the holidays are coming and they make me think about how my relationship has grown, I have become greatly aware of just how fantastic he can be right now, especially during the finals week crunch. So, because of that, here’s my list of why having a boyfriend in college is amazing, especially when all the deadlines are coming:

He sticks with you through the breakdowns

This semester, I’ve probably had a mental breakdown at least once a week – hell, I had them before the semester even started. But no matter what happened, no matter how many times I questioned the future and cried about whether I wanted to go back to college, he was always there with a box of tissues and a cup of tea, ready to cuddle and tell me that everything was going to be okay, even if I didn’t want to believe it.

He always knows exactly how to cheer you up

Whether it’s showing up with a KitKat and a bottle of Mountain Dew, taking a night to just play board games and play hot chocolate, or being ready to watch the next episode of “Daredevil” or the new episode of “Vikings,” he always knows the best ways to cheer you up, whether you knew you needed it or not.

He helps you even when it doesn’t help him

This one is really personal for me. While I’m a full-time college student and commuter, he works full-time at a farmer’s market, which sometimes involves getting up at 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning – and even when he has to be up early, he will stay up with me to make sure I don’t go to bed upset. He makes sacrifices.

You go through the hardest parts of growing up together

Again, this might be a little bit more present in relationships where you’ve been with your significant other since before college, but either way, you are together at a weird time in your lives, when you are both still trying to figure out who you want to be, and who you want to be with. This can either make it easier or more difficult to see whether or not they are actually the one. Once you realize that maybe they are, you also realize that they’ve always been there, and will be along for the full ride.

He’s seen you at your lowest of lows

Whether it’s being sick, period-angry, straight-out-of-bed, or delirious and upset, he’s always there for you when you need him to be.

There’s never a dull day

Even the days when you decide to do nothing, sit around in your pajamas and catch up on your shows, you realize at the end of the day that you spent the day with your best friend, doing what you love.  and just being together. Especially during the holidays, when there’s always somewhere to go, someone to visit, or something to see, you still end up having the best day ever just being together.

Megan. 20. Kutztown University Class of 2017. English Education Major, Gender Studies Minor. Activist, writer, movie lover, and blogger. www.wordsbymeganmichael.wordpress.com