toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Which Season is the Best Season to Have a Birthday?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Of course, the answer is Fall! 

Calling all Libras, Scorpios, and Sagittarius; it is your season! It is your time to shine and be celebrated! 

My birthday is October 29th, and every time I tell someone when it is, I always get the same response. It usually falls along of the lines of “oh, you’re a Halloween baby!” 

(So, yes, this is me)​

When I was growing up, I absolutely hated that my birthday was at the end of October, during the Halloween season. It was always the same thing every year. My party theme was usually Fall and/or Halloween related. Well, my mom would let the cake be decorated the way I wanted, but the plates and napkins had to have pumpkins on them. As an 8-year-old, that was not really my style, and I could not stand it (Sorry mom!).  

I also always felt that my birthday was overshadowed by Halloween. Trick or Treating took priority over a birthday party in my classmates’ eyes. I cannot imagine how Christmas babies must have felt. 

Maybe, some of this resentment was just me being a spoiled, whiney little girl who really wanted a summer birthday so she could throw a pool party because now, as a grown-up, there is nothing I love more in this world than celebrating my birthday with all the wonderful Fall festivities available to me. 

Overall, the atmosphere of Fall is an amazing time to have a birthday. Everyone is a little bit happier, enjoying the changing weather. The holiday season is just around the corner, so everybody is impatiently waiting for that. The scenery is breathtaking with the changing leaves, and they make for great backdrop for Instagram birthday photos. 

Now, I embrace Fall-themed parties. Every year, my cake is pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting, and I do not plan on changing that anytime soon. It is a tradition!

When it comes to doing something special to celebrate a birthday in Fall, the possibilities are endless. You can go apple picking or carve a pumpkin. There are so many different haunted attractions for every thrill seeker to visit. You can go on a hay ride and try to make your way out of a corn maze. And, of course, Halloween parties. There are lots of family-fun activities to enjoy in Fall, and there is no better birthday than spending time with your loved ones enjoying fall. 

(This is actually me.)

Now, I love and appreciate everything my birthday has to offer, and I look forward to it every year. 

Is it October 29th , yet? 

Courtney Morstatt is a Professional Writing student at Kutztown University.