This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

The deadliest shootings in US history: Las Vegas 50+ dead 200 injured, Pulse NightClub 49 dead 58 injured, Virginia Tech 32 dead 23 injured, Sandy Hook 27 dead 2 injured, Luby’s Cafeteria 23 dead 27 injured. In my 22 years, I’ve lived through 4 of these traumatic events. When I read each of those names I remember vividly where I was when they happened, the taste of disgust on my tongue, and the weight pushing on my heart. In the last 22 years, hundreds of people have been killed and injured at the hands of these sorry excuses for humans. Where is the humanity?

Just a few months ago I felt like I “blue skidooed” into a history book. White supremacist marching the streets, the confederate flag alive and well blowing in the wind, a president who defends their actions, and people who rally behind him. What’s wrong with the world?  

I can’t open one social media outlet, turn on the TV, or even go to class without seeing some form of pain. I begged and begged for it to stop, but it didn’t; the pain just continued to shower the world. History seems to love to repeat itself, so much so that a song written 14 years ago is still relevant today; word for word. I’ve had this song on repeat the last couple of days; it reminds me to forever search for love. The world is craving love right now, please try your hardest to produce as much of it as you can until it’s infectious.

“What’s wrong with the world, mama

People livin’ like they ain’t got no mamas

I think the whole world addicted to the drama

Only attracted to things that’ll bring you trauma

Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism

But we still got terrorists here livin’

In the USA, the big CIA

The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK

But if you only have love for your own race

Then you only leave space to discriminate

And to discriminate only generates hate

And when you hate then you’re bound to get irate, yeah

Madness is what you demonstrate

And that’s exactly how anger works and operates

Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight

Take control of your mind and meditate

Let your soul gravitate to the love, y’all, “

Released 2003

*Song Lyrics: The Black Eyed Peas- Where Is the Love?

Please keep the families and victims of the Vegas shooting in your thoughts.