This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Welcome to Monday. You fought the weekend war with a minor thumping in your head, messy hair and your Sunday best reeking with the smell of last night. You survived another weekend of late nights, reckless hearts, blurry minds and stumbling through the streets. Images of the last few days are all clouded together. You made it to the other side of a new week; you are a weekend warrior alongside your friends.

Here, on Mondays, you have the right to forget all the mistakes that were made on Friday through Sunday. Every regret is washed away with the rising sun of a new week. Right the wrongs of every mishap and begin again. It’s a new week, a clean slate for you to start over. Here, you can be whoever you want to be.

So, gather your belongings and meet your friends at the diner. Spill your stories of the previous night into your coffee cups. Piece together the chronological order of last night’s event and fill in those blank memories. Laugh with each other and talk about the embarrassing events without judging eyes. Drive around with them and scream loudly to every song on the radio. Send a message to that random number that was typed into your phone from the other night. This is college, and as of right now this is life as you know it. Partying till dawn every weekend and pulling yourself back together on Mondays.  For you, Mondays are not the dreaded days, instead it’s your saving grace. It’s your sign of knowing you survived another week and another weekend. You now will have a whole collection of stories for Monday, so go out and continue writing those stories. 

May 5, 1995  Junior at Kutztown University Professional Writing Major Public Relations Minor Here are my favorite things  Fashion Sunflowers Horses and Dogs Love Handwritten Letters Coffee Thanksgiving  Cities Beaches Museums Vogue Magazine Black and White Flims The Colors Pink and Yellow