This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Top 6 Sam and Colby YouTube Videos Jessi Walker

Sam and Colby is my favorite YouTube channel to binge watch lately, as they make interesting videos from abandoned exploration videos to ghost investigations as of late. The channel is run by Sam Golbach and Colby Brock, who originally got their fame on Vine before they turned to YouTube. I started watching their videos in October, and there are several videos I recommend as the cream of the crop of their YouTube channel. 

6. CHERNOBYL: The People Who Saved The World. (Full Movie)

Their video series on Chernobyl, featuring their friend Nate, is a very different piece of art on their channel. The video linked is the full, movie version of the original 3 videos, as it is perfect to watch them all together. This video has a very different feel, as this is a very somber video and features so much information on Chernobyl. This is a very fascinating way of learning about the nuclear disaster that happened there in Ukraine at the Chernobyl power plant. Several people who lived through the disaster were featured in the video, and it was interesting to hear how it impacted their lives and how different everything was before the explosion for the surrounding towns. 

Despite the somber feel, the video also had a lot of moments, such as when they visited the grandmothers, or babushkas, who refused to leave their home despite the government’s stance, as they had a lot of fun in the video eating with them and drinking with them. It was also fun to see some of the abandoned buildings in the video, as this was a dream for them to be able to go to the abandoned sites of Chernobyl. This video is one I cannot avoid mentioning when it comes to Sam and Colby’s channel, even though it is a very unique video as compared to the other videos on their channel. It’d probably be higher, but I know this isn’t their usual content they make, and it is more fair to represent them with their usual content more. 

5. Exploring Abandoned Beach Hotel  (Heavily Guarded)

This is one of their last abandoned exploration videos after they slowed on that kind of content after their arrest for exploring an abandoned school under construction in 2019. This video felt like a classic Sam and Colby abandoned video, but this one felt unique because it was in the Seychelle islands and not a highly explored place by urban explorers. This one had high adrenaline as they were trying to avoid guards of this hotel and had to run from them on the beach near the end. The video also had a very inspiring message included in the video. 

4. The Scariest Night of My Life. (Bowers Mansion)

This video is one of the best haunted ghost type videos from Sam and Colby, as some of the ghost evidence included in this video is insane. What is really cool about this video too is it is not a famous ghost attraction, as it was more on the unknown side, which made the experience seem more authentic as there’s less need for hype around it. Seth Borden, who is my favorite of the guests on the Sam and Colby channel, was present in the video which made the video better. One of the better tour guides, David, had his ghost hunter dog Alice with him in the video with an adorable EMF reader jacket on. The Bowers Mansion featured adorable cats that Sam and Colby briefly played with through the door, and horrible tragedies surrounding the Bowers family. There was an element of mystery about what happened to the family that lived here, and you could tell Colby really got scared in that video when he was alone in the home. 

3. My Terrifying Experience ALONE at Haunted Lighthouse

This may be a bit of recency bias, as it was their newest video on their channel, but I really enjoyed seeing them do a solo investigation. The location was fun, as it was at a lighthouse. The evidence for this video wasn’t crazy, but I like the new strategies they are attempting with the double listening method on the spirit box while inside of the home and how much more scary it seemed for them to be alone. The skit included in the video was funny as well. 

2. Exploring Abandoned Six Flags 

This is easily one of the most classic abandoned videos on their channel of all time, as they went to the abandoned Six Flags in New Orleans with two of their friends, Nate and Alex. This video featured all of the elements of their abandoned videos like an awesome urban exploration location that’s quite extravagant, dangerous heights, and running from security. The vibes of this video was fun, but it had a lot of adrenaline moments too like when they were climbing the roller coaster and ferris wheel. 

Honorable Mentions

There’s other iconic videos I have to mention that didn’t make my top 6 list, but are still special to my heart. Their video at the Sallie House, most infamous for the 8 ball rolling down the steps which caused  some controversy, as well as the origins of Sam gaining an attachment to a ghost, was a video that deserved to be mentioned. Their video at Zak Bagans haunted museum was also very adrenaline pumping, as they interacted directly with objects and locations Zak Bagans considered too dangerous for most people to be a part of. Their video of interacting with Robert the Doll was also special because it seemed to really physically affect Sam to be at that location, but none of these videos quite took the spot of number 

1. ALONE in The Real Conjuring House 

This is one of the most exciting locations to go to, and seeing them having to be there alone at this location really upped the stakes on this location. There is some questionable evidence I don’t fully get on board for, such as the sand in the birthing room, but on entertainment factor alone it was really bold of them to try to help out the soldiers in such a manner. They seemed really freaked out to be in this house alone, and you can smell the anxiety off of them in this video. Colby was really brave to sit in the basement of the Conjuring house alone, and Sam even saw a shadow in the window when he knew Colby was still in the basement. The evidence they received during the portion with their friends also felt good, as the two spirit box sessions happening in different rooms seemed to make sense on which box it answered to, almost as if the conversations were happening in different rooms. I really think the Conjuring House video really needs to be watched with the first part, or would be even better as a movie version of the two parts together, as the ghost boy photo in the first part would be even better included as a clip on this video as well. I’m excited to see how Sam and Colby up all these videos in 2023.

Jessi Walker

Kutztown '25

I am a junior at Kutztown University, and I am double majoring in English and English: Professional Writing and I have a minor in Performance & Storytelling. I grew up in a small town called Strasburg, Virginia on a farm that was five miles outside of town right next to the Appalachian mountains. I am an editor for Kutztown's chapter of Her Campus, the Editor in Chief and Head of Fiction for Shoofly Literary Magazine, an undergraduate writing center tutor, a member of the English Club, and Actors Creating Theatre. Other activities I enjoy is consuming many types of media, playing video games, and performing in theater.