This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Grim reapers are known as creatures created to collect human souls. In Netflix’s new K-drama, Tomorrow, grim reapers are part of an organization in the spirit world. These reapers are placed in different teams to collect these souls. Unfortunately for one human soul, Choi Joon-woong, he finds himself in the spirit world after an accident. 

In the human world, Joon-woong struggles to find a job for years. His unemployment status takes a toll on not only him but the people around him. As he walks to clear his mind from his latest rejection, he sees a man attempt to jump off a bridge. Immediately he runs to stop him when two grim reapers show up. Despite his initial shock, he still attempts to save the man, which leads to them both falling over the bridge. 

Joon-woong wakes up in the spirit world and learns about Zumadung, an organization for human souls. Zumadung houses grim reapers with different roles. Joon-woong learns there that he interfered with the suicide prevention team. This new team has two grim reapers whose duty is to find human souls on the verge of ending their lives. Much to every other team’s opposition, this team’s formation was done to help the decreasing number of humans in the world. As he is struggling to decide if this is all a dream, he is faced with the decision to choose to finally be employed in the spirit world for 6 months and then wake up, or stay in a coma for three years. 

Its fresh take on grim reapers, especially ones who prevent death makes this an entertaining show. Every episode follows along a case that shows how some people are greatly affected by moments in their lives that can make it unbearable. It also challenges the belief that people who commit suicide should be damned to hell. Tomorrow also shows how these people don’t want to die, but when everything else is out of their control, it seems like the only choice they can make. Tomorrow is a 16-episode show with new episodes released every Friday and Saturday. 

Professional Writing Major, Social Media Theory & Strategy and Public Relations Minor with a love for books and music.