This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, and we’re weeks away to one of the most fun holidays of the year, HALLOWEEN!

What is it about this particular holiday that appeals to us mortals? Is it the mythological lure? The pretty decorations? The sweet, sweet, sweet taste of candy? While all those things are well and good, the biggest reason for the love of this spooky holiday is the COSTUMES!

Why is that you may ask? Whenever a person watches a character from their favorite movie, or television show, or a character from their favorite book or comic, or even a favorite famed historical figure, many have that urge, the desire to become them. The reason for that isn’t because we’re not pleased with ourselves or our daily lives, no, the true reason is that we’re so awe-inspired by their tales of heroism, complex history, and powerful abilities (fictional and nonfictional) that they’ve impacted our lives to the point where we can relate to them, like they are becoming a part of us.

On Halloween, we don’t only embrace the character’s personalities and outfits, we embrace the part of ourselves that we don’t normally share to others, and the characters we dress up as bring out that weirdly amazing, stunningly freaky, and crazy bravery that lies within ourselves.

So, if you already have a costume in mind, or are still figuring it out, don’t hesitate! Your costume doesn’t have to be perfect (or if it’s a total cosplay, go all in), it just mainly has to reflect the wonderfully weirdo inside you! Have fun, stay safe, and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Meaghan Torres

Kutztown '23

My name is Meaghan Xenia Alexandra Torres, I like to be called Alex. I’m a Christian, Autistic, & I’m studying for writing and art in Kutztown. I enjoy movies, books, tv shows, chocolate, swimming, writing, art, and spending time with my family & friends