This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Last Thursday on September 10th, the Supernatural cast attended their final day of filming. The show has had a 15 season and 16 year run. Sadly, everything good must come to an end, and on October 8th, the show’s final season will begin the second half of it’s final season. 

If you haven’t ever seen the show, it follows two brothers named Sam and Dean as they travel the country to fight monsters. Saving people, hunting things, and all that jazz. As the show has gone on, it has gotten more complicated. Adding plot lines with Angels, Demons, and weird carnivorous sludge monsters called Leviathans. I’m sure you can imagine how crazy the plotlines have gotten after 15 years. 

The CW Network, where Supernatural airs, stopped production of all of it’s shows back in March when the COVID-19 pandemic became a more prevalent issue. Where most shows continued their season until they episodes, Supernatural chose to stopp halfway through the season in order to have a decent amount of episodes to run in Fall of 2020. 

The TV show has grown a massive fan base in it’s 15 year following. It’s touched the lives of so many fans aging from middle schoolers to adults who have full time jobs and families. The show has aspects for everyone to enjoy. It has action, supernatural lore, angst, humor, and friendships that run so deep you’ll feel as though you’re involved. 

The show and it’s characters have provided a source of refuge for many of it’s fans, but so have the actors themselves. Jared Padalecki who plays Sam Winchester, and Jensen Ackles who plays Dean Winchester, have been open with many aspects of their life. Throughout all of the panels and conventions they’ve visited, there aren’t many questions that they’ll shy away from. Answering anything from stories about their infamous set pranks, to questions about their own journeys with mental health. They also talk about their own worries as parents, and their experiences with finding a a balance between work and life. Their honesty about not only the good times, but their struggles as well are what allows such a personal connection between them and their fans. It humanizes them and helps take them off the pedestal that fans tend to put them on. 

Supernatural has been a big part of my life since I was fourteen. I’ve gone through phases of falling in and out of love with it, but it’s always something that I can rely on. Whether I want to watch something to make me cry out a horrible week, or something to make me cry because I’m laughing, there’s always an episode that fulfills that need. The love I have for the characters runs very deep and it’s quite a journey we’ve all made with them. As much as I hate to say goodbye, I know that they’ll always be around if I need to go back and check in. Plus, both Padalecki and Ackles already have other projects lined up, so I can continue to enjoy their work as well! 

Check out the second half of the final season of Supernatural on the CW channel 8PM EST on Thursday October 8th!

Grace Heinlein

Kutztown '23

A music major writes for a blog. That's the joke. You get it?
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur