Super Woman: Reanna Ventresca

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

A Super Woman, an ordinary woman who does extraordinary things. I have had the privilege of meeting countless people who fit this description. Women who have overcome so much. They bleed resilience and strength and use this power to help others. I believe that these people deserve to be celebrated, and that’s what this series is for. To acknowledge incredible women who do inspiring things.

About three years ago, I met a woman with purple hair. There was no way for me to know that this purple-haired woman would soon become one of my best friends and that I would change as a person, for the better, because of her. Reanna Ventresca is a social work major with minors in Women & Gender Studies and Special Education, and she’s on a quest to save the world. One conversation with her and you’ll be able to see her kind heart perched right on her shoulder. One thing I admire about her future career path as a caseworker in the social work field is that Reanna is someone who is aware of her privilege. Many people are working on understanding their privilege, but they haven’t quite begun to construct a plan to help those who don’t have that same privilege. Reanna sets an example of this; she uses her voice to raise up other voices, not to overshadow them. She speaks up against the injustices of the world, when others decide to take the blind eye. She is, without question, one of the most passionate people I have ever met, and it’s close to impossible for those passions not to rub off on you.

I was talking to someone the other day, and they were saying that it seems like everyone who goes to college goes through a factory where we come out as feminists, vegetarians, activists, and in tune with our sexuality and emotions. I began to protest until I realized it was sort of true, and it wasn’t a bad thing. I agreed with every characteristic; they were all amazing qualities to have. These qualities make up the Super Woman of this article, Ms. Reanna Ventresca.