This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Skin care is extremely important. Not only does it help keep your skin blemish free, it also keeps it happy and healthy. And, if your skin is happy and healthy, you will be too. Finding a perfect routine is key. But, skin routines change as the weather does. Over the winter, your skins dries out quickly, so moisturizing is super important. With summer right around the corner, the routine needs to change to compensate for the sun, sand, and water that comes with it. I have been trying out a new routine the past couple of weeks, and so far, I am in love with the results. It has been leaving my skin feeling super clean and glowing for days.

Every night, I remove my makeup with a makeup remover, such as Neutrogena’s Oil Free Liquid Makeup Remover. I use Target’s brand; same results, way cheaper.

I also wash my face every night, usually with an everyday level cleanser. I have been using Neutrogena’s Acne Stress Control Scrub for the last two years, and it completely lives up to its name.

Doing this routine every night washes away the makeup and dirt from the day without drying it out or leaving an oily feeling behind. This day-to-day routine refreshes my face and leaves me ready for the next day. Twice a week, though, I add more to the routine.

After the usual stuff, I apply exfoliator. This deeply cleans and fully removes dirt and dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. This is important for the summer because lots of sweat and air build up on your skin throughout the day. I have used multiple different defoliators (Clinique is always a good way to go), but I have been using Trufora’s Intensive Night Treatment, courtesy of my last month’s Ipsy bag.

I let my skin breathe a little before I add a full-face mask. I really enjoy mud masks. When used after the exfoliator, it cleans deep into your pores. Ipsy has sent me so many over the last couple of months that is so hard to pick my favorite. Any mask would do but be sure to choose one appropriate to your skin type (i.e. dryness, oiliness, texture).

I also like to end this intense routine with moisturizing. This seals in all the clean, smooths out any roughness from the cleansers, and cools the skin. My all-time favorite moisturizer is Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I suffer, as many do, from dark under-eye circles, so I usually add eye cream at this point as well.

Every person’s skin care routine is different. It is important to listen to your skin and adapt to what it is telling you. Try out different products, find your favorites, and enjoy happy, healthy skin! 

Courtney Morstatt is a Professional Writing student at Kutztown University.