This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.
The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures – Aaron Mahnke

This is a personal favorite of mine, for the Halloween season especially. Not only does Aaron Mahnke make this book super personable, but he also leaves no detail behind when it comes to the stories he is telling. This book is perfect for the lore lover who enjoys ghosts, cryptids, and demons or just anyone who’s looking for a good spook in general.

How to Hang a Witch – Adrianna Mather

I read this book when I was in high-school and I loved every second of it. The story is of a young girl who moves to Salem, Massechusets and is plagued with magical happenings as well as a stepmother from hell. This is a book for the YA readers as well as the girls who enjoy small bits of magical charm in stories.

Haunting the Deep – Adrianna Mather

This book is the second in the series to How to Hang a Witch and in my opinion, it was the best of the two. When I was little I was for some reason obsessed with the Titanic and what had happened to the ship on that foggy April night. Haunting the Deep gives the reader the perspective of a girl on the ship, a few days before it sinks. You’re really able to immerse yourself into the world of the Titanic when you read this one, and not to mention there are also ghosts and magic in it as well.

I’m Thinking of Ending Things – Iain Reid

Not only is this book really good, but the movie gives you a whole new perspective on the book itself. The story is of a young couple who is on a road trip together, to meet the young man’s parents. When they arrive, things start to seem strange. It’s a really good novel for those of you who enjoy psychological horror books, because I can definitely tell you it messes with your head.

Professional Writing Major and Social Media Minor at Kutztown University. I love reading, photography, and all things cats.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur