Wellness

Spiritually Awakening Books For the Mind and Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.
The Book Of Awakening – Mark Nepo

Published in 2000, this self-help book is one I highly recommend. Between being young and struggling with life’s questions, The Book Of Awakening is sure to give you your long-awaited answers. This book is about being more present in your everyday life and becoming more thankful for what you have. According to one Google book review, “The Book Of Awakening is a book to keep your head high, your heart open and your feet on the ground.” This is a book you can read throughout the year without feeling bad about not finishing it right away. Or you can be like me and speed read it, because… it’s just that good. 

The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz

This one is for the readers who appreciate ageless wisdom. Released in 1997, this self-help book is truly candy for the soul. It’s about how we, as humans, create needless harm and joyless beliefs within ourselves. It teaches readers how to “rapidly transform” life for the better towards joy, love, and happiness. I recommend this book for anyone who is seemingly lost in despair and in need of a new light for themselves to look forward to each day. This book will get you out of old habits and into your new, happier self. 

Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul – Melody Beattie

This book is for the person who wishes to spiritually regain their happiness and contentment with life itself. With daily meditation quotes and pages of reflection, you can easily find yourself digging deeper into your spiritual regrowth. It includes 365 daily quotes for the reader to digest, and if you’re feeling especially book-wormy, you can read more than one page a day for a fill of philosophical advice and reflection. 

Professional Writing Major and Social Media Minor at Kutztown University. I love reading, photography, and all things cats.
Jenna Boyer

Kutztown '20

Writer, Advocate, Tattoo Enthusiast, Occasional Actor, Full-Time Nerd.