This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I don’t know when it started, but a couple years ago I became obsessed with quotes. I always seemed to find the right quote just when I needed it. There’s been moments of defeat, stress, and heartbreak that have been subdued because of the perfect set of words. They helped me realize that pain doesn’t last forever, I am enough, or that I can do it.

As time has progressed, I’ve noticed that this obsession has begun to change me: definitely a change for the better because I love who I’m becoming.  I’ve began to think more positively about a lot of situations. Of course I still have moments of defeat and all the others I mentioned before, but I can quickly deter my thoughts from putting me in a state that’s really hard to get out of.

Remaining positive can touch parts of your life that you wouldn’t expect. It can benefit your mental and physical health, giving you the strength to accomplish all that you hope, and if for some reason you fail, it gives you the determination to try again and use the first failure as a learning experience. Just maintaining that positivity can rub off on the people around and open up doors that have life-changing opportunities on the other side. It’s a difficult thing to do—don’t get me wrong. But the rewards you receive will last you a lifetime.

I’ve be told that if you want something, you should speak it into existence. I think that quotes are a way of doing so. To read a quote out loud that is telling you that you can do the impossible actually makes me feel like I can. That self-affirmation goes a long way.

Quotes might not be your thing, but I encourage you to try and find what can help find light on the darkest of days. However, I still would like to share some of my favorite quotes with you in hopes that it will brighten your day and help you smile throughout the week.