Phoebe Bridgers at the 2021 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

Songs I hope my Eras Tour openers play in their set

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Here are five songs I hope Gracie Abrams and Phoebe Bridgers, the openers for my Eras tour show on May 14, 2023, play and my favorite lyrics from each song.

Gracie Abrams:

1. For Real This Time 

Couldn’t you tell when I was off? / You never asked me what it was / I kind of hope you feel the same way / So that I’m not the only one

1. I know it won’t work

And part of me wants to walk away ’til you really listen / I hate to look at your face and know that we’re feelin’ different / ‘Cause part of me wants you back, but / I know it won’t work like that, huh? / Why won’t you try movin’ on for once? That might make it easy

1. 21

Just because you’re hurtin’ doesn’t mean I’m not / If it doesn’t go away by the time I turn thirty / I made a mistake and I’ll tell you I’m sorry / “Sorry”

1. Block me out

And now I only let me down / When there’s no one else around / I’ve been thinkin’ way too loud / I wish that I could block me out

1. Full machine

I’m codependent / But tryin’ hard not to be / I’m better when you’re next to me / I’m a shameless caller / You’re a full machine / But won’t you answer tonight / And say somethin’ nice to me?

Phoebe Bridgers:

1. Waiting Room

I wanna be the broken love song that feeds your misery / And I can wish all that I want, but it won’t bring us together / Plus I know whatever happens to me, I know it’s for the better

1. I see you

If you’re a work of art / I’m standing too close / I can see the brush strokes / I hate your mom

I hate it when she opens her mouth / It’s amazing to me how much you can say / When you don’t know what you’re talking about

1. Scott Street 

There’s helicopters over my head / Every night when I go to bed / Spending money and I earned it / When I’m lonely, that’s when I’ll burn it

1. Savior Complex

Drift off on the floor / I drag you to the shore / Sweating through the sheets / You’re gonna drown in your sleep for sure

1. Georgia 

And if I breathe you, will it kill me? / Will you have me or watch me fall? / If I fix you, will you hate me?

Lauryn is a student at Kutztown University studying English and minoring in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, reading, and baking.