Some Things I Would Rather Be Doing Than My Final Projects

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Because it is the end of the semester and none of us really have anything left to give. 

Watch Netflix 

I mean, who doesn’t want to stay in their beds and watch countless hours of movies and TV shows? There is nothing else that sounds as relaxing and needed after 15 weeks of classwork. But who am I kidding, I’m watching Netflix while I work on my projects. 

Work

Work can suck at times too, but at least I am earning money instead of spending money. Also, there is no cumulative exam at the end of my shift. 

Social media stalk everyone I know 

It is so much fun to show your group chat all your findings after a deep dive on Instagram. Plus, it is also very educational and keeps your creative juices flowing just like a final project. 

Go to the gym 

I can barely survive it, but at least I feel like I’m thriving by the end. Summer is right around the corner, so it’s time to at least attempt a beach body this year. 

Get a bug bite 

I must have sweet blood or something because I always seem to have a mosquito bite. They are nasty-looking and just plain annoying. But at least I know the irritation and torture will be short-lived. 

Sleep

This is what everyone really wants anyway. None one should be typing in a Word document at 4 a.m. 

Keep looking at the same posts on all my social media  

You know you have wasted a lot of time when you have seen and read every post on every app. It is frustrating because that is the point when you realize you have to actually stop procrastinating and get your work done. 

Read a book 

I love to read. In between completing assignments, I reward myself with a couple pages or a chapter of a book I am reading. It may seem super nerdy, but sometimes the promise of figuring out what will happen next in the story is what gets me to finish my finals. 

And really, I could write a lot more but, you know, effort… 

Courtney Morstatt is a Professional Writing student at Kutztown University.