This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Halloween is fast approaching, and if you are anything like me, it’s your favorite time of year. However, maybe the past few weeks you have been slacking on the festivities for this holiday. As for me, school has taken over my life. I didn’t get to attend any haunted houses or go on haunted hayrides like I do every year. I haven’t really had the time to get into the spirit of Halloween. So, here are a couple shows you can watch to get you hyped for Halloween

1. Supernatural

This is my absolute favorite show. It follows Sam and Dean Winchester, two brothers that have spent their entire lives as hunters. It’s their job to stop all kinds of evil creatures from hurting humans. Every episode is like a Halloween special, and with 14 seasons, there are plenty to choose from.

2. Sabrina the Teenage Witch

I loved this show as a child. Sabrina’s aunts tell her she is a witch on her 16th birthday and the show follows her trying to maintain a balance between the human world and the magical realm. She led an amazing life–she had magical powers, went on crazy adventures, and had a talking cat. It was every child’s dream. Even as an adult, I still enjoy this show.

3. American Horror Story

If you are into horror, this one is for you. Every season of AHS features a new storyline with new characters. Sometimes it’s about witches, other times it’s about vampires. There are currently 7 seasons available on Netflix. It contains a star filled cast, like Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto. I have only watched a couple seasons, but let me tell you, they are amazing.

4. The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries has been over for a while now, but it was very successful; it actually has two spin-offs. The Vampire Diaries centers in Mystic Falls, Virginia, and follows the life of Elena Gilbert and all of her supernatural friends and family. If you like vampires, witches, or werewolves, you might enjoy this show. All 8 seasons are on Netflix.

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf—there are not enough words to describe how much I enjoy this show. It takes place in Beacon Hills, California, and follows Scott McCall after he was bitten by a werewolf. As the show progresses, the audience is introduced to more supernatural creatures from all over the world. Besides the supernatural vibe, the show is filled with mystery and humor. I highly recommend watching its 6 seasons.

6. The Walking Dead

After the Zombie Apocalypse hit, people have to fight to survive in this new world. It can be gory and scary at times, but it is such a great show. It took me sometime to finally sit down and watch it, but I don’t regret it. You never know what is going to happen next during an episode and each cliffhanger leaves you on the edge of your seat.