This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I’m going to be honest. I’m so relieved the first week of classes is over. Although this week wasn’t nearly as stressful as the first week of my freshman year, it still ranks pretty high stress wise. 

On Monday I had four classes, and Tuesday I had one class. I only have friends in one of my classes. Monday I had a band audition and Thursday was the first day of orchestra. For the grand finale of my week, I had a job interview.  

But this week is behind me now. And as I map out my class assignments in my planner, I think it’s time I set some goals for this semester. 

1. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE: My procrastination wasn’t as bad as it could have been last semester but I certainly could have managed my time better. This semester my coursework has ramped up as well, so it’s even more important I manage it accordingly. I don’t want to be stuck finishing 50 pages of a reading the night before it’s due. 
  1. Write more (and not just for school projects): I want to be a writer, it’s my dream. At least, that’s what I tell myself. I’ve been struggling to sit down and write anything personal, telling myself I am too busy with schoolwork. I want to work on my blog, which I started this month, and which only has a whopping one post so far. I want to write for fun and finally start telling the stories that have been in my head for years. 
  1. Relax a little: last semester it felt like whenever I had time to myself I spent it on my phone. I want to work on reading books from my ever growing TBR pile and spend time knitting or drawing. I want to spend more time with my friends and push myself out of my comfort zone just a little. I don’t want to turn down fun opportunities because I have schoolwork I procrastinated on or I just don’t feel like going. 

My goals list isn’t anything crazy but it could be life-changing, at least for me. By writing them out, I hope I am more motivated to work towards these goals this semester. I think it will help me enjoy my schoolwork and balance having fun. The semester is just starting, so now is the time to begin working towards my goals and self-satisfaction.

Kaitlyn Resline

Kutztown '25

Kaitlyn Resline is a freshman Professional Writing major and a double minor in Spanish and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is a member of the Kutztown University Marching Unit and Shoofly Literary Magazine. In her free time she loves reading, writing, and practicing her instruments.