This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I cannot wait for this summer. What’s not to love about summertime? The whole aesthetic of summertime is enough to make anyone happy. You get so much time to spend with people that make you joyful.

This summer, I will be a paid intern for an insurance company called Selective Insurance in the marketing mobility department. I will get such amazing experience and be able to save so much money.

I am also excited because I love to travel with my boyfriend, and this summer we are going to go on a lot of trips. I hope there are beaches, iced lattes, sunshine and happiness on each and every trip, though I already know there will be. I cannot wait to celebrate my boyfriend’s 21st birthday, play with my dog outside, go on walks, shop, and enjoy all of the fun activities, to be honest.

I also hope to find another alcoholic beverage I actually like. Turning 21, I have only had two drinks I liked, not even loved. I hope to find myself on a beach with one I like and with company I love.

This will also be my last summer before graduation. It is insane how quickly these college years are going by. It’s hard to believe how quickly time passes, but I am loving every second of my life, even the rough times. There is still so much to be thankful for.

Throughout college, I have made friends for life, and I have lost friends that I realized were not the right friends for me. I believe in dropping negative spaces, whatever that may be.

In the start of my college career I was still pushing through a bit of anxiety from my past, but right now, as I write this as a 21-year-old, I hardly ever experience this anymore. Sure, there are some little things here and there, but I am no longer controlled by my anxiety like I was at 16. Furthermore, the little bit I still had at the beginning of college is so miniscule now and I am continuing to correct and push away those types of thoughts, they aren’t real. What is real is my happiness and positivity. Why allow something that is not even real consume you? I will continue to tune it out and find my way into the clouds.

This was quite a random ramble, but these are things I suppose are sometimes good to write down rather than just sharing with people around you, as a shortened tweet or to myself. I can’t wait for summer and to continue my life. There is so much to be thankful for.

Sabrina Stewart

Kutztown '20

Hi! My name is Sabrina and I am a communication major with a focus in media studies with a minor in a public relations and new media/digital communication here at KU! I am the Events Coordinator for the KU chapter this year! I love fashion, NYC, quotes, book characters, ice cream, exploring, and many many other things. I also tend to drink an excessive amount of lattes.