This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

This past week, I had an interest to watch the first and third Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Pirates has five movies total and most of the movies are on Disney+. Pirates stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Kiera Knightley. Johnny Depp plays the hilarious Captain Jack Sparrow. 

In each movie there is an antagonist that always needs to be defeated. Since it is a pirate movie, there are many sword fights, and of course comedy moments. The first movie is called The Curse of the Black Pearl. When I watched the first ever scene of Jack Sparrow entering, it made me smile. He is sailing on a small boat and then realizes it is sinking. He finds shore and everyone on shore is watching him come in and as he gets closer to land his boat just keeps sinking. I laugh everytime I see that scene.When my dad first saw that part he said“Yeah, this is going to be a great movie.” 

The second movie is called Dead Man’s Chest and it tells the story of Davy Jones. His heart is kept in a treasure chest and Jack and his crew are on the search for it. This film is more creepy than the other movies. There are a lot of CGI characters in this movie. The characters are very sea-like creatures, but not friendly creatures.  I do not know why I chose to skip this movie while I watched them the other day. If you are interested in watching these movies, please watch them in order. If you do not watch them in order you will not understand each movie, as you would by watching them from the first movie to the last movie. 

The third movie is called At World’s End and in this movie they need to find Jack Sparrow to help defeat Davy Jones. Jack is caught with many negotiations and is stuck with uncertainty. I do not want to give too much detail with this movie because of spoilers. So I would suggest watching these movies. I cry laughing every time I watch them and they will make you laugh your butt off too. If you love Johnny Depp you’re gonna love these movies. I also recommend finding the bloopers to the movies on Youtube, they make me laugh harder watching them.

I am an artist who uses art to express myself. My life quote is “stay positive”. My goal is to make a positive influence in people’s lives.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur