This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Dear Cara,

There is so much I wish I could’ve told you back then. So much that honestly, you most likely wouldn’t have believed it. In less than a year, life has taken you by a world wind and changed you. You might not know it, but it’s for the better. You think you are at your strongest and at your happiest. I’m here to tell you that forget everything you are thinking. Your life is going to become something totally unexpected but exactly what is needed. Although you might feel like you already know who you are as a person, who you are today is not who you will be tomorrow. You cannot expect to be protect yourself from the world, but you must be willing to take every moment in your life and embrace it as what it is. Nothing can be predicted, not even who you might be after this. It is important to realize you are who you are today, but also for what you’ve gone through. Every moment has a lesson. Accept them for what they are. Know that even though it might seem hard now, there will be that time where you will overcome the hard work and come up on top.

You might not understand why things happen, and frankly, you may never know why. But as mom always says, “When one door closes, another opens.” Life happens and the unexpected arises. Its up to you to determine whether you are going to sink or float. Everything might seem like it is falling apart or each day is hard, but they will get easier. Throughout your life, you will begin to realize what matters to you and what doesn’t. 

You will encounter the most blissful opportunities that you cannot imagine. Your smile will become bigger, your laughter will become stronger, and you will see everything with a “glass half full” view. Just know that through it all, who you are today is exactly what you needed to be. It will be worth it all in the end. Keep pushing and keep shining.

You’re doing better than you think.

Best,

Present Cara

Born in Scranton, PA, Cara is a marketing student at Kuztown University of Pennsylvania. She enjoys posting anything related to pugs, watching drama rom. movies, and eating a plethora of pizza.