This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Whenever I am watching TV or a movie, I like having something else to do to keep myself occupied. Usually that comes in the form of a game on my phone or some sort of craft. I have always been drawn to artist hobbies like drawing, crocheting, painting etc., but I never find myself actually completing a project because of how long they can take to finish.

For Christmas, I received a Paint by Sticker book and it has become my new favorite pastime. The book is set up a lot like a paint by number, however, instead of paint, it comes with pages of correlating stickers that come together to form a beautiful painting. It is just as relaxing to work on as the adult coloring books that were popular a few years ago, or even a paint by number, but way more convenient and manageable. Depending on the picture you are working on, it can take as little as an hour to complete. Everything you need is inside the book, so it is easy to transport, it can be worked on anywhere, and there is no cleanup necessary. Best of all, it’s an activity anyone can do. There is no artistic talent required, just the ability to match each sticker with corresponding spots on the page.

They are the perfect activity for college students in need of some stress relief and something to get their minds off of classes. They are also super affordable, with most books averaging around $10. The Paint by Sticker books by Workman Publishing in particular are my favorite. They come in all different topics such as dogs, cats, plants and flowers, masterpieces, and travel.

If you are interested in purchasing one, they can be found on Amazon.

Lauryn is a student at Kutztown University studying English and minoring in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, reading, and baking.