Oh, It’s Just Criminal Minds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Do you ever say to yourself I’m only going to watch a few episodes? Then, hours later you find yourself finishing a whole season. That is me when it comes to “Criminal Minds”. I always tell myself that I can only watch a few episodes, and then my roommates come home and inquire if I’ve been in the same spot all day, and all I can do is laugh. I used to watch criminal minds when I was younger, but it would just be an episode here and there.

One day my friend was over, and she turned on criminal minds from the beginning and after that it was over, I was hooked. I’d find myself watching multiple episodes at a time, and the show, being an hour long, doesn’t help with time management. I’d come home, sit in the living room, and the next thing I’d be watching Criminal Minds. It was like a habit I had made for myself. I wouldn’t even realize I was turning it on until it was on. When I find myself going days without watching it, I get upset. Can you believe it? I don’t know what I’ll do when I’m finished with the series. I’m even watching the show as I write this article. 

I watch a lot of crime shows, but Criminal Minds is different. Each episode is different. Criminal minds is about one of the FBI’s behavioral analysis unit agents  who go around the world helping local cops solve murders. They work together and profile cases to help them figure out who the suspects may be. Then, they put all the information together, and they catch the bad guy. Almost every episode ends by solving the case. If they can’t find the suspect in the first episode, they will find them in the second one. I think that’s why I like the show; all the killing, and they still find ways to make sure the families have some type of closure. I don’t know what my next show of obsession will be, but I’m on season 8, and I have 5 more to go. This show will probably last me until the summer.