New York City, Holiday Cheer, and Positive Vibes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

New York City is one of my most absolute favorite places in this world. I am fortunate enough that I live on the border of Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey, and it is close enough that a lot of people in my town do commute to the city for work.  Because of this, I have been able to go there an abundant of times throughout my life.

This past weekend my boyfriend and I took the train in, and we got to have another amazing time there. Macy’s decorations were up and looked magnificent and so decked out for the holidays. People seemed to look dazzled at these decorations, and it was so lovely to see. As we walked down all the streets, most of the stores and restaurants were also decorated so nicely, and it made me so happy and excited for Christmas.

Although all of the recent events that have been happening throughout the world recently, I will not allow these things to scare me out of visiting one of my most beloved cities. I am not going to allow it to deter me away from going out and having a wonderful time there, or anywhere. It is important to remain safe and aware, obviously, but I do not want to let awful people frighten myself or anyone else from going to The City That Never Sleeps.

We all deserve to not have to live our lives in fear, and we all must remember that there are more good people in the world than bad. During my most recent city trip, I was greeted with smiling, happy faces. There was literal Christmas Cheer all around me, and it was adorable to witness other human beings look so happily at this marvelous city we were all in together.

I love New York, and I love the feelings this city never fails to bring me. I hope we all spread kindness and all of the most positive energy we possibly can this holiday season and for the time period we are living in. Love and compassion can truly do incredible things. Go to the city if you can and remember to smile at even the angriest looking New Yorker. (It’s stressful to Christmas shop in crowds like that!)

Sabrina Stewart

Kutztown '20

Hi! My name is Sabrina and I am a communication major with a focus in media studies with a minor in a public relations and new media/digital communication here at KU! I am the Events Coordinator for the KU chapter this year! I love fashion, NYC, quotes, book characters, ice cream, exploring, and many many other things. I also tend to drink an excessive amount of lattes.