This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Netflix is a great investment when you’re in school. It’s even better when somebody else pays for it. Netflix is your go to when trying to escape all your responsibilities. It is like you’re part of a new life when you are binge watching a show. People think you are wasting time when you’re watching Netflix, but I learned that you’re actually learning when you watch shows because you stay connected with each character’s life as each episode goes on.

Whenever I’m watching a show, I find myself so wrapped up in it that I’m yelling at the TV. Watching helps me escape from doing my work. I could be tired from doing my homework, but I find myself able to watch 3-hour long episodes before I finally get sleep. I used to feel like I’ve seen everything that Netflix had to offer and then one day I went on and new and old movies had arrived.

As I’m writing this I found out that Shameless will be back November 5th and I’m so excited. I started watching Shameless last year and I fell in love with it. Shameless is about a family of 5 kids where the kids must take care of each other because their parents are a work in progress. Each child brings a different aspect to the family, but they are all growing together. Each make mistakes but that’s what helps people grow. If you are looking for a show that will make you happy, mad, sad, and yell all within an episode, I suggest you watch these. Here are some other shows that I suggest you watch.

Some Netflix Suggestions:

1. Shameless
  2. 13 reasons
  3. Orange Is the New Black
  4. What Happened to Monday
  5. Stranger Things
  6. Moana
  7. Luke Cage
  8. Flash
  9. Drop Dead Diva
  10. Gilmore Girls
  11. Adulterers
  12. Love Letter
  13. Shooter
  14. Southside With You
  15. Arrow

Netflix and chill is great for you to enjoy by yourself, with your friends, or with your significant other. So if anybody tells you that you’re procrastinating when you are watching Netflix, tell them you are observing and making connections with the characters qualities.