My UniverSoul Circus Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

The UniverSoul Circus was created in 1994 by a man name Cedric Walker. His dream in 1993  was to create  a circus with a majority of the performers being people of color. Running for 24 years now, that’s what it has. The show has performers from all over the world. The first ever show was in the parking lot of the Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. With 12 acts, the shows duration is about 2 hours; 2 hours of none stop action and amazement. The show is audience friendly, and if you’re lucky you might be picked to be in the show.

Friday was what I would call my first time at the circus. My grandma says I went as a baby, but does it count if I don’t remember it? I guess it does, but the memories just didn’t process inside of my long term memory. Anyways, Friday I went and I had an amazing time. Performances were great I almost had an heart attack a few times but they were still great. With the circus being so audience based they made sure they were interacting with you every chance they get. I took a kid with me but I  feel even without taking a child, adults are able to have just as much  fun too. My favorite part of the circus was the wheel. The act name itself should have you worried and boy did it. The wheel is when two men do stunts on two wheels that constantly move from the ground to the floor. I was so concerned that one of the men would fall doing all the kinds of stunts, but nope they nailed them perfectly, no falls. The circus also had funnel cakes and if you know me, you know I love food that you would find at a carnival. So, overall I enjoyed my time at the circus and I suggest everyone go at least once in their lifetime. Maybe more than once, but still you should go. With or without a child you’ll have a blast. Next year is their 25th anniversary so I’m pretty sure they’ll have a lot of amazing things.