This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

5 Seconds of Summer a.k.a  5SOS are an Australian pop-rock band. They started out on Youtube in 2011. The band consists of 4 members: Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood, and Ashton Irwin. They released 4 studio albums and 7 eps since 2012. Out of all of the amazing songs they have I had managed to list my top 5 songs.

Invisible

“Invisible” is a song about how someone feels invisible in their own home. They are trying to figure out who they are in the midst of feeling invisible to their family. This song is very relatable to young teens who are trying to figure out who they are. The song is slowed and their voices are very calming.

Ghost Of You

“Ghost Of You” is about a lover who is now gone and you can’t quite cope with the feeling of them not being there. It’s a beautiful song and you can really feel the emotion in Luke’s voice.

Who Do You Love

This song is about your lover finding someone else but is still with you. Now you are questioning who they love more, you or the new person. The song is upbeat and catchy. Every time it comes on I can’t help but sing along.

Heartache On The Big Screen

“Heartache On The Big Screen” is one of their older songs. It’s from their third EP She Looks So Perfect. It’s about a love that has the same cliche concepts that are in the movies. They are wanting something different because they know how this is going to end, with nothing but heartbreak. This song is also catchy and most days I can’t get it out of my head.

Not In The Same Way

“Not In The Same Way” is about a toxic relationship. The couple is fighting and making up over and over. Neither of them feel the same way towards each other and they keep leaving and coming back to each other. All the song is on a sad topic it is really upbeat and I just can’t help but dance to it.

Keyanna Johnson

Kutztown '24

Professional writing major, Music lover, and Greek Mythology nerd.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur