Style > Beauty

My favorite makeup product for the spring and summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

In the spring and summer, my favorite type of makeup to do is the “no-makeup” look. In no way am I an expert in makeup, but these five products are my personal favorites for achieving that natural look.

1. Clinique Chubby Stick Blush

This cream blush is super pigmented and buildable. It blends super smoothly into the skin and looks super natural. It gives the perfect sun-kissed look without spending too much time in the sun. This could also be used to give a little color to the eyelids or lips.

Chubby Stick™ Cheek Colour Balm | Clinique

1. Burt’s Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm

Burt’s Bees is my favorite brand of lip balm and if you are going to buy it, it has to be the pomegranate one. It is super moisturizing and though it is not the tinted line of lip balms, it does add a slight hint of color to your lips.

Pomegranate Lip Balm | Burt’s Bees (burtsbees.com)

1. Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara

By far the best drugstore mascara. I have been using it for years and recently switched to the True Brown shade, which gives my lashes volume, but still looks close to the original shade of my hair. 

Lash Sensational Sky High Washable Mascara – Maybelline

1. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

This lipstick has been blowing up on TikTok, and for good reason. It adds a translucent, berry color to your lips without looking like you really have lipstick on. 

Almost Lipstick in Black Honey | Clinique

1. Rio Radiance Perfume

This is the newest body mist fragrance from Sol de Janeiro and I already know its going to be my favorite perfume to use this summer. It has a warm, almost nostalgic scent, that reminds me of the beach and sunscreen. I know it technically does not count as makeup, but I could not leave it off of the list. 

Rio Radiance Perfume Mist (soldejaneiro.com)

Lauryn is a student at Kutztown University studying English and minoring in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, reading, and baking.