Wellness

My Daily Skincare Routine as a College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I decided I want to share my day and night skincare routine with everyone because if it’s helped my combination skin these past few months, I’m hoping it will also help yours. Most of these skincare items can be found at Target and are easily obtainable through online purchasing.  

Morning routine: 

Vanicream Facial Cleanser 

I usually begin with the Vanicream face wash that I normally buy from target. It’s roughly $10.00 and lasts a really long time if you use one pump each morning and night. Now, my skin is very sensitive so I tend to use products that have no dyes or parabens in them so this product is easily one of my favorites to use. It doesn’t dry my face out either so that’s a plus! 

Derma-E serum vitamin-C 

After I wash my face, I always use a light serum because of having sensitive skin. If i were to use a heavier cream or butter I might break out so that’s a no go. You can also find this product at Target for $24.49. It’s a little pricey but I say it’s worth it for the good it does. This is the product I use before my day starts because it’s like coffee for my skin. After applying, my skin is glowing! 

CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion 

This is the stuff that I finish my face off with because it’s such a light lotion with ingredients that work wonders on my sensitive skin. You can also find this product at Target and it costs roughly $13.49 and lasts a good amount of time as long as you use it wisely. One pump is all you need. Not to mention this is perfect for when the sun is shining a little too bright because it has SPF 30 as well.  

Night Routine: 

Vanicream face wash 

I always end my day washing excess dirt and oil off with this trusty cleanser again. 

Derma-E Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Serum 

I end my night using this serum because of its ability to de-stress my skin and give it a light glow before I go to sleep. This serum helps with hydrating your skin while you sleep and helps redness. This product costs $22.95 and I also found it at Target! 

CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion 

As my morning routine is very simple, so is my night routine! Iend the night with this light moisturizer from CeraVe. Sometimes I use it during the day when it’s winter and my skin needs a bit of a lighter moisturizer instead of SPF 30. This product costs the same as the AM lotion, which is $13.49.

Professional Writing Major and Social Media Minor at Kutztown University. I love reading, photography, and all things cats.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur