My Current Favorite Fall-Esque Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.
  1. Home-Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros 

This song was resurfaced about a year ago. The folk ballad is extremely multifaceted and includes many different instruments and vocals. It is a love song essentially describing how it feels to love someone so much that they are literally home to you. The man and woman singing the song together adds such a nuance to the piece and makes it feel so much more personal; it’s as if they are singing the song to each other. 

1. We fell in love in october- girl in red

If the title doesn’t already say enough, this song has immediate fall vibes from the intro. The artist’s voice is soft and smooth. The dreamy instrumental adds a warm ambience and reminds me of a hug. 

1. Give Me Love- Ed Sheeran

I have always adored this song, but something about it during the fall time just hits different. If the guitar and beat aren’t enough, the emotion in the artist’s voice elevates the song incredibly. He constantly repeats the same phrase yet adds a new emotion and dimension each time. It’s absolutely brilliant and one of my staples at the moment. 

1. Work Song- Hozier

This dark pop melody needs to be added to your playlist right now. The music is very dark and dimensional, yet the lyrics are extremely sweet and heartfelt. I adore the contrast of the heavy instrumental paired with the loving words. It truly adds so much emotion and depth to the song. 

1. When the party’s over- Billie Eilish 

This is another song I have always loved but is a thousand times better in the fall time. Although the song has a very somber meaning, it is one of those songs that you can listen to anytime even though it’s technically sad. The slow ballad depicts a toxic relationship between two people in the most beautiful way possible. 

Sarah Mengel

Kutztown '23

Senior English major with a minor coffee addiction :)