This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I have no problem admitting that I may not have the best taste in music. I also have no problem admitting that I may spend just a little too much money on concert tickets. They say the first step to recovery is acceptance, but I don’t think this is something I want to recover from. 

My first concert was Selena Gomez and the Scene (ah, yes, those good old days) at the Allentown Fair the summer before 6th grade. Since then, I have made it my mission to go to at least one concert a year. 

There is nothing quite like the feeling you get at a concert. As you stand in a crowded stadium, pressed against a person you just met, you lose sense of the world around you. Listening to your favorite song being sung live at a deafening level by your favorite artist will change the way you listen to that song forever. 

Most of the time, the concerts I go to occur over the summer which allows every summer to be a rockin’ time. Some of my best summer memories are from concerts I have attended. 

This last summer I was lucky enough to be able to go to four concerts. I do not want to think how much all the tickets together cost. 

Concerts may be expensive, but great experiences are priceless. 

This summer of concerts was very special because I got to see artists I have never seen before!

The summer began with Harry Styles. My little One Direction loving heart broke a little to see him all alone on that stage, but I loved the show he put on nonetheless. Harry’s vocals were spot on. His songs were amazing, and he was such a sweetheart. The show was such a chill time, and I cannot wait to see him live again. (Harry was always my favorite member so I may be just a little biased) 

The next concert of the summer was none other than the Big Rep herself Taylor Swift. This was the first time I saw her live, and she did not disappoint. That performance had to be, hands down, the best concert I have ever been to. The stages were incredible. Her outfits fit the mood of song. Since the concert was in Philly, she considered it her hometown show, and that just added to the excitement that this beast of an artist grew up 30 minutes down the road from me. 

The third concert I went to was kind of a last-minute decision–something I usually never do when it comes to concerts. Niall Horan performed at the Allentown Fair this year, and of course, my little One Direction loving self needed to see him as well. His concert was chill and fun, and it was great to see someone who was considered a weaker member of a band flourish on stage all by himself. You could feel all the hard work and love he put into each of his songs. His cute Irish accent and laugh made the concert all the better. 

Ed Sheeran rounded out my summer concert series on the last official day of summer. Ed was someone I have been waiting to see since I first heard one of his songs. I was a little skeptical that one man with a guitar could fill MetLife Stadium, but that little red head left it all out on the stage. Ed is extremely talented, and that was easily seen and heard through each song. The way he layers and harmonizes with himself so seamlessly is something that can only be truly appreciated live. It took my breath away. 

Thanks for all the merch, photos, videos, and memories. On to the next one(s). 

Courtney Morstatt is a Professional Writing student at Kutztown University.