My 6 Favorite “Goosebumps” Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I’ve been rewatching the old Goosebumps television show to get in the Halloween spirit—no, it is not too early—and they’re just as amazing now as they were when I was a child. It’s so cheesy, it’s good. Here are some that I was more than happy to rewatch during my binge session.

“The Haunted Mask”

In this two part episode, Carly Beth is tired of always being the one who’s scared. On Halloween, she steals a scary mask from an old costume shop to get revenge on her classmates who always tease her for being too scared. However, when she can’t take off the mask, it starts to change how she acts, turning the sweet Carly Beth into a menacing monster.

“Stay Out of the Basment”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdRs66_phE

In another two part episode, young Margaret worries about her father spending too much time working on science experiments in their basement. When her mother goes out of town, she enlists her brother’s help to investigate why their father is acting so weird.

“Be Careful What You Wish For”

Unpopular student Samantha Byrd helps a strange old woman find her way around town, who in return offers her three wishes. Though skeptical, Samantha accepts her offer in hopes of making her dreams come true, but not everything is as it seems.

“My Hariest Adventure”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3nK4Z8Otvc

Larry and his friends find old tanning lotion in his garage, which they apply to their skin as a joke. Soon, he starts sprouting hair all over his body and no one can find out what’s wrong with him. He’s worried about what will happen next, but when he seeks help from his friends, he realizes that they’re disappearing one by one. 

“Vampire Breath”

Siblings Freddy and Cara go searching for their birthday presents in their basement and discover a hidden cave. When they enter, they find an old coffin housing a centuries old vampire who is thirstier than ever after being asleep for so long.

“Say Cheese and Die”

Greg (played by Ryan Gosling) and his friends find an old camera in an abandoned warehouse that is cooler than anything they’ve seen before. When Greg decides to take it home and photograph his friends and family, he realizes that the photographs aren’t showing what’s going on at the time of the picture, but what’s going to happen in the future.

A special thank you to Netflix for housing my favorite nostalgic TV show that is perfect for making the kid in me feel spooked this time of year.

Jessica Garrison is a professional writing major and women's, gender, and sexuality studies minor at Kutztown University.