Murder, Mystery, and Makeup – A series by Bailey Sarian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Lately, I’m sure you’re on the same boat, I really haven’t had much time outside of school and work. So, In order to have at least some personal time to myself, that included a form of personal enjoyment and not work, I found myself listening to Bailey Sarian on YouTube during my work hours. Her video content is unique to me in the way that I have never seen a YouTuber achieve. While most of her videos include her just talking and applying makeup, I find myself able to either listen to her while I am doing a separate task or take the time to watch her video. She’s a podcast and YouTube video all in one. 

Murder, Mystery, and Makeup Monday’s is a series made weekly by Bailey, herself, where she usually tells the intriguing story of a true crime that has happened recently or in the past. I usually don’t watch her videos in any particular order, but I do enjoy the lengthy tales of true crimes that I usually haven’t heard before. There are always the famous serial killers we know about like, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and John Wayne Gacy, but Bailey focuses on the stories that failed to make headlines all around the country. I’m usually surprised at the lack of news coverage I have heard about the crimes Bailey speaks about. While she is telling the gruesome stories, Bailey is also trying to be respectful towards all aspects of the cases she shares, and makes a point of doing that as well. Which is something I look up to her for, as some do not try to do this. 

Alongside Bailey telling the horrific stories of true crimes, she is also flawlessly applying her makeup, which is normally some form of an elaborate look with brightly colored eyeshadow and lipstick. And, before you ask, yes she does include the names and brands of the products she uses in the description of her videos, which is something many will appreciate.  

Not only is Bailey Sarian a makeup guru, but she’s also very interested in the darker stories in life that have to do with murders, kidnappings, and cults. This is the exact opposite of what many others are doing on YouTube. If that seems like something you’re interested in, give her name a quick search in YouTube and watch a few of her videos. You probably won’t be able to stop.

Professional Writing Major and Social Media Minor at Kutztown University. I love reading, photography, and all things cats.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur