The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!  I am the friend that started watching Christmas movies the day after Halloween, and I have no shame. It’s my way of bringing in the holiday season right.  The music, food, decorations; all of it is sure-proof to put a smile on your face.

The holidays haven’t been the same amongst my family for a very long time. I remember when I was younger, family from all sides would get together and celebrate the holidays. During Thanksgiving, there was barely anywhere to sit because my grandma’s house would be so packed with people. There were cousins on the steps, aunts and uncles dancing and drinking in the kitchen, my sisters and I fighting over the peach cobbler; a freeze frame of these moments would depict a chaotic and successful thanksgiving.

Christmas was calmer; however, it was still one of the best times of my childhood. We would decorate the tree at my grandmas and at my moms. Watch Christmas movies, bake cookies and my uncle would tell us stories. My favorite part would be that my grandma would let us open one present before we went to bed.

These traditions died off at some point, and the holidays aren’t really the same. However, the feeling the holidays bring seems to be even stronger. This time of year, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years all right after one another infuses a spirit like no other. You can legit feel happiness throughout the streets.

In times like this where there is such turmoil and chaos in the world, I crave this feeling, and during the holidays, it consumes me. The cliches are true, it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I hope you are able to enjoy this time with the people you care about most.

Happy Holidays!