This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Being a senior in college is a tricky situation. You’re torn between moving forward into the adult world and clinging to nostalgia. As my time at Kutztown University comes to a close, I can’t help but look back at what my undergraduate career has given me– an incredible best friend. If you’re nervous about moving on to bigger and better things in life, try to look back on the fun you’ve had and try to reflect on who stood by you the entire time. For me, this is my best friend since freshman year. This is my letter to Gabby Giltner:

Gabby,

We’ve known each other for about 3 years now and I have to say, I’m not quite sure how I’ll react when we’re apart next year. You’ve seen me at my absolute worst and then some. The laughs, tears, heartbreak, drunk emotions, and scams are about to become a thing of the past. We’ve been together almost every single day for the past 7ish semesters. So, how will I cope without my #1 in my life?

Our friendship sheds light on the idea that the little moments in life are really all that matters. Remember the time we sat in bed for an entire day to watch cult documentaries on Jonestown when we had an exam the following morning? Sure, we may not have the best priority skills, but there’s something to be said about putting tasks off in order to make memories.

Gabby, you’ve always been there for me whether it’s the good, the bad, the ugly, or the atrocious. Remember when that random boy said I wasn’t “that classy” and you screamed “SHE’S BLAIR WALDORF AND AUDREY HEPBURN!”? That was amazing, and I thank you for that. You’re so protective of me, too. You’re always the one to hear me cry and rant, which requires a great deal of patience. I’ll admit this now: I probably didn’t “break my leg” that one night I fell in the frat basement. Thanks for not ripping my hair out of my head.

I’m going to miss the days of Bonner Hall, playing ball in the house, crafting an obnoxious amount of pros & cons lists, and complaining about our limited water supply. I’ll have a hard time coping with the loss of the world’s most amazing scam artists (us obviously), sleepy ha-ha’s, dance parties, and gossip sessions.

You’re one of the only people who have truly seen me as myself. I’m not quite sure how to deal with graduation, but I’m glad I’ll have you physically and emotionally right by my side. Thank you so much for your unconditional friendship.

Love, Madison

I'm addicted to coffee and It's Always Sunny.