This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

There is always that one song that gives you energy, boosts your mood and gives you confidence. Lately for me, that song has been “Kings and Queens” by Ava Max. This is a very popular song right now. I remember the first time I heard this song, I felt really good about myself and I felt like a different person. 

Her song first goes, “If all of the kings had their queens on the throne, we would pop champagne and raise a toast, To all of the queens who are fighting alone, Baby, you’re not dancing on your own.” Those words give me some sort of confidenceI feel as if they are saying that no matter what, you are doing awesome. However, if you are single and are making big changes and being the best you can be then that is amazing and you should be proud of yourself. You do not have to feel alone because you are not. The verse starts off acapella then as it goes on the music starts with a loud beating drum and it emphasises the song in my opinion.

“And you might think I’m weak without a sword, But I’m stronger than I ever was before.” This line tells me, yeah you may think I need something to win and that I need to fight with something, but in reality I know I am a good person and I can do anything. I do not need a weapon or a big showdown to prove someone wrong. I can do that by being mature and living my life. 

I am the kind of person who needs to listen to music everyday to help with anxiety and brighten up my day. I also need to listen to this song everyday. I have not gotten tired of this song despite me listening to it all the time. The more I listen to this song the more it makes me happy and strong. Coming from personal experience this song tells me that I am doing great things, that I am proving those wrong who said I couldn’t do it, and that I should be very proud of myself.

I am an artist who uses art to express myself. My life quote is “stay positive”. My goal is to make a positive influence in people’s lives.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur