This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I already know this will be a controversial list, considering Taylor Swift is such a big artist with so many well-known songs. My friends do not agree with my ranking of Taylor Swift’s albums, but I stand by my choices, and now I share them with all of you, as well as my favorite song from each.

Speak Now (2010)

This album has been my favorite ever since it came out. The fact that Taylor wrote all of the songs without any co writers speaks volumes to her maturity and passion for music. I could listen to this album on repeat for hours. 

Favorite song: “Dear John”

Folklore (2020)

The best thing to come out of 2020 has been the Folklore album. Every song has a similar vibe, but it can fit any mood. The stories she tells through these songs remain unmatched by her other albums.  

Favorite song: “the 1”

Lover (2019)

It was hard for me to pick a favorite song from this album. The nature of the songs range from a slow dance to a dance party, and listeners get a glimpse into Taylor’s personal life, which I appreciate her sharing with us. 

Favorite song: “Cruel Summer”

Reputation (2017)

I don’t know why this album gets so much hate online, but I loved Taylor’s comeback. She took all of the negativity that was being thrown at her and turned it into something positive through her music, and I admire that about her. 

Favorite song: “Getaway Car”

1989 (2014)

This was another album that I had difficulty picking a favorite song from. This is the album that’s considered to be Taylor’s official switch from the country genre to primarily pop, and I love all of the bops that came along with it. 

Favorite song: “Clean”

Fearless (2008)

I remember when this album came out I was ten years old and a full-fledged Taylor Swift fan. Some of her most iconic songs come from this album, and no one dares to skip them when they come on the radio; they age like fine wine. 

Favorite song: “You’re Not Sorry”

Red (2012)

Almost every time I see a post on Twitter about Taylor’s best album, Red is mentioned, so I feel a little bad ranking it number seven out of eight. I think it’s a good album, but a majority of the songs don’t stick out as much as the other ones (though I never get tired of listening to the song “Red”).

Favorite song: “All Too Well”

Taylor Swift (2006) 

The reason Taylor’s debut album ranks last for is not because it isn’t good; I love the songs from this album. However, they do not compare to more of her recent work, though I do revisit them from time to time. 

Favorite song: “Cold As You” 

Taylor Swift is a legendary artist, and every album is full of songs that make you want to dance and make you want to cry. Her career is full of accomplishments and say what you want about her, but she is talented, and I will always be a fan.

Jessica Garrison is a professional writing major and women's, gender, and sexuality studies minor at Kutztown University.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur