This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Summer ended a week ago but I still find myself thinking about the memories it left. This summer wasn’t the best. There were many times that I thought about the what-ifs. What if the pandemic had never occurred and I could’ve peacefully enjoyed the long days? What if this event hadn’t been canceled? The memories summer left were ones of days spent longing for a time that can never be recovered.

To be honest, summer was never my favorite season. I find the heat and blood-sucking bugs unbearable. Though I have to admit summer gave me some time to grow. I discovered new sides of myself and learned to let go of the frustration I encountered as the pandemic stretched out. I was able to reconnect with some of my old passions and hobbies. Summer gave me opportunities to work on myself and even though the bad memories outweighed the good ones, I have to thank summer.

Without the time summer gave me, I wouldn’t be the me that I am today. Summer allowed me to welcome you with open arms. To welcome you as a better version of myself. I’m ready to embrace the time you’ll give me. I know that just like the sun, there will be days where I will lose my brightness at a quicker pace, but learning to work past those moments will allow me to grow even more. The leaves are starting to fall and while the summer heat is no longer present, I can still feel the warmth from those brief moments of happiness summer brought me. I look forward to the memories you’ll leave behind and hope we’ll have an unforgettable time. So hello fall, I am ready for you.

Professional Writing Major, Social Media Theory & Strategy and Public Relations Minor with a love for books and music.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur