This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Halloween is a great time of year for amazing decorations, creative costumes, and tasty candy. But, the season also has some very recognizable songs. Halloween has infamous songs, and spooky adjacent songs to jam to. I’m always up for a good dance party, so here are some songs that I think make for a seasonally good time!

“Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett

This is a classic, and honestly, it should be one of the first songs added to every Halloween playlist. We can’t party hard this Halloween, but a little twisting with the beat is a nice way to kick off a spooky season dance party!

“Thriller” by Michael Jackson

Another classic, and this one comes with choreography! Whether you want to learn the moves, or just jump around, Thriller is a seasonal must have.

“Disturbia” by Rihanna

Okay, so not technically a Halloween song, but it’s unsettling for sure. Plus, the Just Dance routine is one of my favorites. It’s a great song in general, but will definitely help maintain a spooky vibe.

“Spooky Scary Skeleton” by Andrew Gold

SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS! A song quoted all year round, and now it’s the perfect time to jam out! Plus it’s popular on Tik Tok, so maybe you can have fun making a video with friends.

“Werewolves of London” by Warren Zevon

I just love this song in general because it’s fun to dance to, and the lyrics really do make me laugh. Plus, werewolves are classic Halloween!

“Bad Moon Rising” by Creedence Clearwater Revival

This is another song that’s great to jam to all year round, but the “end-of-the-world” message the song puts off does set the Halloween mood. Definitely a playlist must have!

“Haunted” by Taylor Swift

Okay, so I couldn’t do a playlist recommendation without mentioning Taylor Swift. She has a song for everything, and this song is definitely a spooky vibe, breakup song.

“Ghostbusters” Theme by Ray Parker

Obviously this was going to make an appearance! Ghostbusters is a classic movie perfect for Halloween, and the theme song even better for a dance party.

There are a ton of great songs for a Halloween dance party, but here are nine to start you off! Have fun, stay safe, and get dancing!

Grace Heinlein

Kutztown '23

A music major writes for a blog. That's the joke. You get it?
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur