This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

For the past few months, I have been seeing a lot of Youtube clips about Good Omens. Out of curiosity, I started to watch the clips. Soon enough, I was hooked and had to see more. I started with the book and then moved onto the series. I just have to say that I am in love with this series.

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch was written by Sir Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman in 1990. Listed as fantasy and comedy, the book follows an angel and a demon who try to stop Armageddon by stopping the Antichrist from coming into his full powers. However, the two beings find out they have the wrong person and have to find the true Antichrist days before Armageddon. 

The book has many characters and is a little hard to follow sometimes. Nevertheless, it is a fun read. The relationships between the different characters are rich and funny. I love the angel and demon, who have known each other for over six millennia. Their relationship is really on point. Both are meant to hate each other, but they are the only angel and demon on Earth besides humans. With no one else there to talk to, they become acquainted. As the centuries continue, they develop a rough friendship of sorts, which is dangerous for them both. I personally feel that the miniseries showcases their relationship even better.

The mini series of Good Omens is available for viewing on Amazon Prime. The series has six episodes, which are each about one hour long. The series takes the book and makes it easier for the audience to identify the characters not just by showing who they are, but also showing their reactions. The actors all do a great job at capturing the emotions of their characters. The demon, Crowley, is played by David Tennant, while the angel, Aziraphale, is played by Michael Sheen. These two bring such humanity into these characters that makes them relatable. It also helps that Neil Gaiman helped direct the series himself.

I liked the book but loved the series. My favorite characters, Crowley and Aziraphale, are complex yet relatable characters. Both show that despite what they are, a demon and an angel, they both possess a little good and a little bad. Though Crowley is a demon, he still cares about things and has a little faith left in him. Aziraphale, the sweet and loyal angel, slowly begins to question his faith as Armageddon draws near. My love for these two means that I love the third and sixth episodes. Without spoiling them, the third episode shows their relationship throughout the six millennia and the sixth episode shows how much they care for one another. 

This series brought a smile to my face with every episode, even when things were getting intense. So much of it was funny. Even the serious bits were wonderful. I highly recommend this series to watch and read. 

Kaitlin McElroy

Kutztown '21

I am an English major with two minors (History, and Women's and Gender Studies). I love books, writing, and discovering new things.