Sweet Potato With Pecans
Sweet Potato With Pecans
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon

Four of the Most Important Things to Eat This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I’m going to preface this list by saying that it’s going to be things that are a necessity for my fall season, so it might leave some of the usuals out. For example, I really dislike coffee, so I won’t be putting a Pumpkin Spice Latte on here. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t go get one because I’ve heard they’re really quite good. Anyway, here are a few fall snacks and drinks that are necessary for a successful season!

Apple Cider

This is one of the most important things to accompany the fall season. Near me, we have this store called Brown’s, and they sell everything from baked goods to home decorations, but they also sell their own homemade apple cider. It’s crisp, refreshing, and compliments any windy fall day beautifully. Apple Cider is very much about the quality, because sometimes it can just taste like apple juice. If you get the right cup of apple cider though, it can make the fall day magical.

Scotcheroos

This is one not as many people have heard of. Growing up in my house, my mom had a few recipes she would make traditionally each year. Scotcheroos were the fall tradition. They’re like a rice krispie on steroids. Instead of being held together by marshmallow, the Rice Krispies are held together by a mixture of peanut butter and toffee chips. Once all of that is together in a pan, a layer of melted chocolate goes on top. The flavors all match so beautifully and the smell it creates is heavenly. The first batch is being made next week and I honestly can’t wait.

Pumpkin Bread

I may not like Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but that does not rule out all pumpkin themed things. Pumpkin Bread is a must have. Not only is it delectable right out of the oven, but it still tastes amazing after sitting in the fridge for a day or two. It’s a good dessert, breakfast, or afternoon snack. Definitely look into tracking down some pumpkin bread.

S’Mores

A lot of people believe that this is a summer food. Growing up, campfires and s’mores were a summer thing, but our family more commonly did them in the fall. It wasn’t unbearably hot and we could stay out longer singing campfire songs. The s’mores are something that come along with those memories, and they’re a fall food as well. Plus, who can say no to an extra season of s’mores?

There are so many fall foods to eat in order to celebrate this beautiful time of year. I hope this list leads you to a more delicious fall!

Grace Heinlein

Kutztown '23

A music major writes for a blog. That's the joke. You get it?
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur