This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

If there is one thing that I am passionate about, it is books. I was always that kid that sat in the back of the room reading. Books were (and honestly still are) my life. So, I have compiled a small list of just a few of the books I have enjoyed over the years. Some have been adapted into popular movies and television shows, and some you might not have ever heard of before.

1. Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series) by Maggie Stiefvater

For years, Grace Brisbane has studied the wolf pack that lives in the forest behind her house. But she can’t figure out why they vanish when the temperature rises. Sam Roth is a man during the summer and a wolf in the winter. He has watched Grace ever since he saved her from his pack. Grace quickly finds herself drawn into a supernatural world and fighting for a cure to Sam’s transformation.

This has been one of my absolute favorites for as long as I can remember. Years ago, there was talk of it being adapted into a film, but it never came to fruition. That might be a good thing, because I would probably spend too much time critiquing the film to fully enjoy it. Shiver introduced me to the fantastic author that is Maggie Stiefvater. I would highly recommend checking out not only this book, but her other works as well.

2. Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire series) by George R. R. Martin.

Westeros has spent the last few years in peace after Robert’s Rebellion. But unrest still grows. Houses from all over the seven kingdoms are pitted against each other. Some fight for their right to the Iron Throne, other’s battle for their family’s honor, and some people are still trying to figure out their position in the game of thrones.

You might know this story because it was created into a show called Game of Thrones on HBO. If you have seen the show, then you know how amazing it is. But, let me tell you, the books even better. The detail George R. R. Martin lays down and the intricate storylines that are woven into the books are phenomenal. I have only read the first book and I am about half way through the second, but let me tell you, I cannot wait to keep reading.

3. The 100 by Kass Morgan

All that remains of the human species after a thermonuclear apocalypse resides in outer space. For generations, people have survived in this colony. But now their resources are running direly low. The leaders have decided to send one hundred teenage delinquents to earth to see if it is survivable after all these years. Follow these teens as they try to learn how to inhabit earth.

This might sound familiar because The CW is currently producing a television show of the same name. The show is loosely based on this book. Honestly, both the novels and the show are fantastic. There are four books in this series and they are all easy reads. If you like apocalyptic fiction, this one is for you.

4. Beautiful Creatures (Castor Chronicle series) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Ethan Wate has spent his entire life in Gatlin, South Carolina. He lived an ordinary life, until the mysterious Lena Duchannes moved into Ravenwood manor with her uncle. Ethan is plunged into a world of magic that he never knew existed, but it apparently has been tied to his family’s lives for centuries. Together, Lena and Ethan fight to prevent her from being overtaken by the dark magic that threatens to tear them apart.

It’s been a while since I read this series, but I still love it. The authors created lively characters that I’m still attached to after all these years. This series is packed with love, magic, history, and so much more. It was adapted into a movie of the same name in 2013, but the movie is VERY different from the novels.