This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Sam and Dean Winchester have been hunting down monsters and saving the world since 2005 on Supernatural. I have loved this show for as long as I can remember. Honestly, I don’t know what I am going to do when this show eventually ends. I’m hoping that will be a long, long time from now. Throughout the years, Supernatural has built a strong and loving fanbase. But what has made this show a hit for its audience? Yes, the cast and crew are kind, generous, and down-right hilarious. What really draws me in is the stories the show continues to tell. So, I have compiled a list of just a few of my favorite episodes.

Season 3, Episode 3 “Bad Day at Black Rock”

Sam comes into the ownership of a lucky rabbit’s foot and yes, it is actually very lucky. Whoever possesses it finds themselves winning at everything in life until they lose it. Then, they are cursed with extreme bad luck, which (of course) happens to Sam after the foot is stolen from him.

Season 3, Episode 11 “Mystery Spot”

The brothers roll into a town that is inhabited by a creature that has the power to put Sam in a time loop, kind of like the movie Groundhog Day! Sam has to watch Dean die on a Tuesday over and over again. There’s death by a funky taco, a slip in the shower, getting crushed by a piano, and so on.

Season 5, Episode 8 “Changing Channels”

Again, they run into a creature that has the ability to play tricks on them. Instead of being placed in a time loop, they are finding themselves in parodies of different tv shows and commercials. They are in a cop show like CSI: Miami, a dramatic rendition of a doctor show like Grey’s Anatomy, and a competitive game show. Honestly, watching Dean freak out over “Dr. Sexy” is one of the many highlights of this episode!

Season 6, Episode 18 “Frontierland”

By traveling back in time to the 1800s, Dean gets to live out his childhood fantasy of being a cowboy. Quickly, they discover that the Wild West isn’t as glamourous as it appears in movies. But they do get take on a rare supernatural creature and meet one of the most well-known hunters from history, so the trip isn’t a total bust for them.

Season 6, Episode 15 “The French Mistake”

Blasted to another realm by an angel, the brothers are no longer Sam and Dean Winchester. Instead, they are Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, the two men that play the fictional characters of Sam and Dean on Supernatural. As they search to find a way back home, they have to try and blend in to the strange world around them. This episode also features Misha Collins as himself, so the audience really wins here.

Season 4, Episode 6 “Yellow Fever”

I saved this one for last because it’s hands down my favorite episode. Dean is infected by a sickness that makes him terrified of everything, which isn’t a good thing for a hunter that has to take on everything that goes bump in the night. He not only finds himself scared of his job, but he is also scared of a little puppy with a bow on its head.

Out of 14 seasons so far, it is hard to pick ALL of my favorites. There are episodes that feature heart-wrenching brother moments and end of the world action sequences. However, I managed to pick just a few that I think anyone, even people who aren’t big fans of the show, would enjoy. These are my personal favorites because of th amount of humor incorporated into the story line and, in my opinion that is one of the most important aspects of this show.