This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Hello October! Oh, how I’ve missed you and your spookiness. However, I must admit, I missed your fall trends the most. Now that the days are getting shorter and the nights are chillier, it’s time that we discussed this year’s fall trends. This season, it’s all about being bold and brave, which means ditching the common fall trends and adding more bold looks to the closet. 

1. Neon Colors

I know it’s odd. Usually, the color palette for fall is dark shades of orange, red, yellow and brown. This season, it’s all about the neon shades of those color palette. This is the perfect way to brighten up those dark evenings. If you dare to be bold and make a statement, try wearing a neon orange trench coat on top of a black dress or even with ripped jeans and heels. If you’re not ready to step out like that just yet, try the new trend in a smaller dosage with something like a scarf. 

2. Plaid

It’s as tale as old as time, flannels have ruled the fall season every year. It’s one of those articles of clothing that will never go out of style. You can wear this in multiple ways, such as unbuttoned with a t-shirt underneath or tucked into a denim skirt. For this season specifically, plaid is taking on a new role. Now, instead of just flannels, plaid can be worn as pants. That’s right plaid pants are here for the season and will be staying. If you’re not sure about plants, but are totally crazy about Clueless and wanting to channel your inner Cher, then go out and grab a yellow plaid skirt to wear with a black turtle neck. Whatever you choose, just know you’ll be a fashionista. 

3. Fur Coats

This may also come as a surprise since fur is more associated with winter. However, it seems like this season, we are breaking all of the rules. You can do this in a few different ways. You can either go with a coat to wear on top of a dress with some knee high boots or wear a fur vest with a long sleeve shirt and jeans. Either style will make you look like you just walked off the runway in New York’s Fashion Week. 

4. Blazers 

Blazers are not just for the office as many people assume. The blazer is making its appearance as an everyday wear. This would look best worn with jeans or leggings. This is a style that can easily be transformed from office to night out with a few small changes. Try wearing it with a nice long sleeve shirt with the sleeves of both the shirt and blazer rolled up. 

5. Overalls

Overalls are perfect for those day trips to the apple or pumpkin orchard. Dress it down with ankle boots with the cuffs rolled up a few inches. Grab a long sleeve shirt to wear underneath or an off-the-shoulder long sleeve shirt. To give it more of a feminine (rather than farmer) feel, add some bling to your neck or a scarf. 

6. Jumpsuits

Most would see this look during the spring season. However, this year, jumpsuits are sliding their way into fall. Instead of them being off-the-shoulder or with string straps, they now have long sleeves. To add more fall into your look, add a cardigan or a leather jacket with a scarf. These jumpsuits also look very cute with heels or slip-on sneakers. 

7. Animal Prints

If you love animals, then this fall trend is right up your alley. The cheetah print is making its way out of the safari and into your closet. Wear the print as a shirt, scarf, skirt, or even as a coat. Whichever you choose, I guarantee you will look gorgeous this fall. You don’t have to stop at cheetah prints either all animal prints are in this season!

May 5, 1995  Junior at Kutztown University Professional Writing Major Public Relations Minor Here are my favorite things  Fashion Sunflowers Horses and Dogs Love Handwritten Letters Coffee Thanksgiving  Cities Beaches Museums Vogue Magazine Black and White Flims The Colors Pink and Yellow