yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Fall Fashion Inspirations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Crisp leaves are starting to appear on the ground here at Kutztown University’s campus. The air is starting to get chilly, and night time seems to be coming faster; it makes me so excited for carving pumpkins, Halloween, scary movies, hayrides, and dressing warmer and cozier.

Fall fashion is one of my favorites, but I used to not be able to figure out how to be cute and fashionable while still keeping warm, so here are a few of my fall style tips I have come to love.

1. Oversized Jackets- It’s all over magazines, clothing store windows, and celebrities have been rocking it. Stars like Rihanna, Kendall Jenner, and of course Ariana Grande seem to love this trend. Just get any kind of bomber jacket or whatever type of coat you like and get it a size bigger, and you will be very warm and stylish. Many people have been styling this with jeans, heels, over cropped tops, and pretty much everything else in between. It’s the simplest way to be cute and warm.

2. Tights- You don’t have to stop wearing dresses or skirts during the autumn months! Grab any tights you like and wear them under a warmer kind of dress and you are set for the cold. Wear your favorite summer dress now all year long if you pair it with some boots and a cardigan.

3. Long Socks/Leg Warmers- Under boots, long socks or legwarmers peeking out are the smallest little detail that can make the biggest difference. You can wear this with jeans, leggings, dresses, and even over tights for the extra amount of warmth and style.

4. Heeled Boots/Booties- You can still hear that powerful clack of your heels on your autumn walks with a nice heeled boot or a bootie. They usually have more support than regular high heels too, so you can be assured you will be comfortable all day. You can wear these with literally anything and feel powerful all autumn long.

5. Leggings- This one is almost a given. Who doesn’t love wearing something so comfortable but that also matches with everything?. Throwing on a big sweater and pairing it with some long boots can get you an effortless yet put-together look.

Remember to wear whatever you want to wear and what makes you feel comfortable. I say dare to be different with your style, and remember that there are no rules in fashion. So go accomplish that thing today and look cute as hell doing it.

Sabrina Stewart

Kutztown '20

Hi! My name is Sabrina and I am a communication major with a focus in media studies with a minor in a public relations and new media/digital communication here at KU! I am the Events Coordinator for the KU chapter this year! I love fashion, NYC, quotes, book characters, ice cream, exploring, and many many other things. I also tend to drink an excessive amount of lattes.