This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Saturday night I got really drunk. When I say really drunk, I mean blacked out and falling asleep on my own couch before I could even make it to the bar. My friends had to fill me in with what happened that night. Nothing short of typical for me… got too drunk, got a little emotional, and passed out. The only thing that was different this time was the message I woke up to the next morning.

Everyone has experienced the effects of drunk texting. You either text your ex boyfriend that you miss him, or you call some innocent girl out for being a bitch. This happens all the time. This time was different. It was just a different kind of drunk text, one I’d never sent before and to someone I never would have thought I’d be drunk texting.

Apparently I drunk texted my mom. Before getting super wasted, my roommate and I had a deep conversation about how sad we were that we were graduating and how much we will miss each other. I guess that conversation stuck with me that night as I took shot after shot after shot. In the midst of texting my mom and spelling everything wrong, I don’t think the topic was even being discussed. Drunk me was just feeling emotional and relying on my mom for comfort. I was telling her about how my roommates are my best friends, and I never want them to leave. I took a screenshot of this illiterate conversation with my mom and sent it to my roommates. Although I think they were both touched by my affection toward them, they both laughed so hard at the fact that I love them both so much that I drunk texted my mom about it. Everyone deserves friends like that, who make you so happy that, when you’re as drunk as I was, you just want to tell everyone about them.