This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Dating has always been stressful but with the pandemic limiting physical interactions, it’s hard—yet not impossible—to find a partner. As long as you’re willing, online dating is the answer to your dating fever.

Online dating is nothing new and according to Link, most dating apps have seen their numbers peak as COVID-19 continues. It’s easy to download dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, or Hinge. Being single can be stressful but the pandemic doesn’t mean you’re stuck with that stress. 

Virtual dates are a common way to meet people without the fear of COVID-19 looming over you. Safety is key when approaching dating apps. Meeting in person is risky in general since you aren’t sure if the person you’re meeting is trustworthy.  Texting, calling or video calls are great steps towards building a connection with a potential match without any risks of getting COVID-19 or putting yourself in danger. These alternatives to connecting with an individual, which is offered on dating apps, can help you evaluate if they are a great match for you. 

When contacting an individual on a dating app, it is great to make sure the person is verified since that reassures you that they are who they claim to be in the picture. Don’t give out your socials or number if you aren’t comfortable with it. Also, trust your judgment and don’t force something. Always remember that you can say no to anything you don’t feel okay with whenever you message someone. Dating apps shouldn’t pressure you to change who you are or what you want. 

Loneliness can get to some people and it can make some people long for connections even more. It is not necessary to have a partner, but if you think it’s time to search for one, don’t stress. After all, with technology almost anything is possible—even finding a partner.

Professional Writing Major, Social Media Theory & Strategy and Public Relations Minor with a love for books and music.