This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

This past summer, I had the most amazing opportunity to go to Prague, Czech Republic. It was not a study abroad trip, but a trip I attended through my church. We partnered with a Prague church and volunteered at an English language learning camp. My two weeks there were incredible. I would encourage anybody to travel to the Czech Republic.

Here are a few reasons why you should “Czech it out:”

1.) The city is absolutely gorgeous.

Prague is one of the oldest cities in the world. If a setting for a movie is set in England or France, it is most likely filmed in Prague, because it was one of the only cities that stayed in tact through wars. 

2) The whole city has many different tourist attractions to visit.

First is the gorgeous Prague castle. The architecture and detailed ceilings are unlike anything you will ever see. Then, comes the infamous statue of Wensceslas Square (a desintation where my group often planned to meet). And of course, you cannot go to Prague and not go for a walk along the Charles Bridge.

3.) You most definitely have to visit Old Town Square, especially for Trdelnik.

It’s a cinnamon sugar donut cone stuffed with Nutella and filled with ice cream. Need I say more?

4.) If you travel a couple hours outside of the city, you will find some exceptionally breath taking views.

Czechs love to go on hikes. In the ten mile hike my team completed, this was on of many pretty picturesque scenes of nature (Side note: the hike we did was considered a more beginner hike. If you’re going to hike in the Czech Republic, take caution).

This is a private family castle that has been around for centuries. This also was the view from our hotel room. Pretty cool, huh?

We held English camp outside most days in the perfect tempertured weather. Czechs are very adventerous and outdoorsy, so if you’re looking for that, the Czech Republic is for you.

5.) You’ll never get tired of this country’s beauty, I swear. 

And just in case you need more convincing, here’s the Trdelnik again.

Czech ya later!

I'm Anna, 21, and from Northeastern Pennsylvania. I love The Office (and proud to be from right outside the Scranton area). I'm an avid pizza eater and coffee drinker and your typical gym rat. When I am not busy studying English Education, I enjoy reading, writing, baking, and taking Netflix naps.