Cutie of the Week: Tony Williams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

At our most recent meeting the discussion was brought up about doing a new type of profile called cutie of the week. As our E-board described what this meant, I knew exactly who I was going to write about. When I think of a role model for Kutztown University only one person comes to my mind. Tony Williams.

In his time at Kutztown University Tony has gotten involved with many prestigious organizations and clubs, on campus jobs, and sports. Tony is known for his bubbly personality and warm laugh,  quickly winning over the hearts of all the people he comes in contact with. 

I have had the pleasure of getting to know Tony over the last two years as he worked as a community assistant in Bonner Hall.

As a CA, your role is to make a welcoming and inclusive environment not only for the residents that on your floor, but also throughout the building. I have never seen anyone able to connect more people together than Tony can. Last year he made friends with all of his residents, creating a fun and exciting environment that people genuinely wanted to be in. I was astonished when he was able to recreate the exact same environment with an entirely new group of students as a CA this year. Proving that it has nothing to do with the people but instead his charming, warm, personality.

For the past few years Tony has been involved with the prestigious organization presidential ambassadors, but it wasn’t until this year he took on a leader ship role within the organization as membership chair. Tony has taken this large responsibility in stride, as he is still actively involved with many other on campus clubs.

In his past years at Kutztown Tony was also a member of the cheer team, making him the only male cheerleader on their team for several years. However, this did not sway Tony in the slightest or even discourage him from trying out for the team. He went on to create a name for himself as the only male on the team. He became an always smiling face for people to look to at Kutztown’s sporting events.

I am so blessed to have had the pleasure of meeting Tony and honored to call him one of my close friends. I can always count on him to brighten my day with a smile, laugh, or a new dance move he has just learned. He is also always there when I need a shoulder to lean on or someone to talk to.

As a psychology major I have no doubts that Tony Williams will continue to go fourth touching the lives of others after he graduates this year from Kutztown University. His contagious personality makes it impossible for anyone to be in a bad mood when around him. One of his many admirable assets that will surely get him far when joining the work force.