ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

College has officially worn me down. I am on the brink of burning out. The exhaustion is all consuming. Essays, projects, and exams are constantly on my mind. I have a job on top of school to add to the stress. I am struggling in two of my classes but do not have the time to re-learn the information outside of class. So, the stress of not having as good an understanding as I could is then piled on top of everything else. My job seems to have no regard for the fact that I am in school as well, based on the amount of hours they throw my way. I hardly have time to study and do homework, let alone do anything I actually enjoy. I so desperately wish to read a book, but there are not enough hours in the day and school must be priority. I do not see my friends or boyfriend as often as I would like. I often fantasize of dropping out. Based on conversations between my peers and me, I have realized, I am not alone.  I want to know why the only way to succeed in this life requires being pushed to the edge. I realize life is unfair. I do not expect things to come easily. However, I am working my hardest and it is not enough, which is discouraging and only worsens matters.

Our world is lacking good content anymore. There has yet to be music, television shows, movies, etc. as good as the time before college was a necessity; and the lack of creativity is likely only going to get worse. Our future creative minds are overworked. They do not have time to put effort into their craft. College is no longer an option. In order to do anything other than work in a factory, one must further their education somehow, whether through college or trade school. But, what about the people whose further understanding of mathematics is only gone about out of obligation, not desire. The pursuit of a degree should not be the only prerequisite to success in this world. Life is short, yet a four year section of it is lost on getting through classes one does not enjoy in the hopes of finding a job they might. Obviously, for some people college is a perfect match, this article is not for them. This article is for those of us who would much rather be pursuing something creative without the burden of Gen. Eds. on our back.

Aspiring Journalist | Self-Published Author