A Christmas List for a Virtual Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Christmas is coming up and family members are going to start asking you what you want. If you’re like me and never know what you want, I’ve thought of a few things that would be worth it during a virtual semester (since it’ll be our reality for quite a bit).

Self-heating Mug

I have found that my coffee gets cold too quickly while I’m attending my online classes or working on assignments. Sometimes I get too focused and forget it’s there and then I’ll end up taking a sip of lukewarm coffee, an instant mood killer.

Chair Cushion

I hope I’m not the only one who has serious butt pain after sitting in these wooden desk chairs all day. I’ve sacrificed my fuzzy blankets to act as a cushion for the current semester, but I will definitely ask for an actual cushion for next semester.

An Hourly Planner

Although Google Calendar is good for reminding you of class and meetings, it’s good to take time away from the screen and write down assignments and goals for the week. This journal is undated so you can fill it out at your own pace, and includes priorities of the day and hours for blocking out time to study or relax.

An Extra Monitor

I honestly think having an extra monitor is a saving grace. It’s an easy way to split your screen so that you can see more tabs at once rather than it being squished onto one small screen. This comes in handy when writing a research paper, by having your notes on one screen then your paper on another.

Blue Light Glasses

I’ve seen a lot of research done on these glasses and I’ve been wanting to try them out. They’re supposed to help with the strain on your eyes from looking at a screen all day and reduce headaches.

Weighted Blanket

If the virtual semester and pandemic increased your anxiety and caused sleep problems, a weighted blanket has been proven to help calm a restless body. The pressure of the blanket acts like a comforting hug, which can soothe the mind while sleeping.

Allison Matero

Kutztown '21

Just a girl who is passionate about self-growth.
Jena Fowler

Kutztown '21

Music lover, writer, avid Taylor Swift connoisseur